Sunday 10 January 2010

Back

What a whirlwind three weeks its been...York, Edinburgh, London then back up to the 'burgh.

I haven't been too interested in music for a while, but I've just regained my lust for it again!




















I was thinking of Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip and how it really taught me a lot when I listened to the album Angles http://open.spotify.com/album/0JtSGYCRw11Ls9N2iV2dFF whilst trekking in Patagonia about a year ago.
I guess I thought about it because I remember being quite a difficult madam on those trekking days and I've been like that this week in London...not really a delightful person to be with.

I love the album because it is made of beautiful brutally honest songs.

Waiting For The Beat To Kick In spotify:track:4Gee04TrI33OYtuadSKbHN really shaked me and gave me a mirror view of myself. I felt like I was being told something most people daren't say to your face.

"How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood, and then just be in a good mood... you control your emotions its as simple as that."

"In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. For years I was smart I recommend pleasant...The rewards of being pleasant are more incandescent."

and this really struck a chord...
"You don't achieve anything by letting the past dwell within you, gettin all pent up and angry about stuff just eats away inside you. If you can't forgive and forget hows this, forget forgiving and just accept then that's it. See that's how its got to be so you can fall in love get on with your life and be free."

It's been over a year since I first heard that song, and I understand it much better now.


There's a harrowing song on suicide, Magician's Assistant spotify:track:4JC8yMLaj3yaAekkODRB4L a very brave but truthful song.

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment