Tuesday 17 November 2009

lust for exploration

I was scrolling through this really interesting blog ( http://artsponge.wordpress.com/) during a really dull Referencing lecture, and I found myself stuck on this image by David Montes.



it reminded me of the landscapes I saw in Peru and Patagonia. Particularly two lagoons at the top of a very steep (at very high altitude) mountain in Peru.

It brought me back to the awe of nature I felt whilst out there. It's so easy to flip back into normal everyday city life that its easy to push these memories aside, but it's magnificent when something makes the memories light up again.

Photography is magnificent.




The summit of the Salkantay Trek, Peru.
That orange was juicy juicy delicious, especially after walking uphill at high altitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment